Editing Blog: Effects

Hi, Kayla here. In this Blog I will be disappointed how I made the gunshot effect. So, the reason I had to make the effect was due to the fact that one of my groupmates thought the BB gun used would make a firing sound. I don't know why. The gun is fake so the only sound it makes it the clicking of the trigger. I looked at a couple videos to show me how to make the sound. I downloaded s couple editing programs and went straight to work. I tried to make the sounds just from the effects off the app. I quickly realized that wouldn't work out. So, then I tried to watch one with firecrackers. I didn't have any firecrackers so that was a no. I then grabbed a few items and started to make sounds. At one point in time I had stopped that because the recordings weren't blending properly to make the proper sound. I then tried to get the sound from a game and then do my own editing. So I turned on my phone and went on a game. Started firing and hoped to get the bases of the sound. That's didny work out seeing as when I did capture the recording the sound was too low. I tired to emphasis it but there was too much static. I then went back to what I tried before. I then watched a video on how to blend the sounds properly to get the desired outcome. It took me about an 1 hr to get it but I got it in the end. I then searched the sound of an actual pistol to see if it was even a little accurate. Turns out it wasn't that bad. It didn't sound like the pistol shown in the video but it sounded realistic to me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Design websites

Creative Critical Reflection Blog

Horror Genre Research Conventions